LOGIN PROBLEMS? Try these tips

Problems logging in or other questions regarding the forum.
Comments and suggestion are welcome! Please post them here for the benfit of everyone.

Moderator: Bouncers

Linda
Shoot'n Addict
State: OH

LOGIN PROBLEMS? Try these tips

Post by Linda » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:57 pm

FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD? Passwords cannot be retrieved, however they can be reset.
~ Click "Log in" at the top of the page.
~ Click "I forgot my password".
~ Enter your username and email, click submit.
~ The system will immediately email you a new password (be sure to check your spam or junk mail folder).
~ Log in with your new password.
~ Click on user name top right of page.
~ Click the "Profile" tab.
~ Click "Edit Account Settings".
~ Change your password to something you can remember.
*** If asked for the code word, it's Shotgun.

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR EMAIL?
~ Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.
~ Spell your email address correctly or you won't get a reply!
~ Tell me what you think you may have used for a username or email address when you registered.
~ I'll email you back. I usually check my email several times a day. If you don't hear from me within 24 hrs... you may have spelled your email address incorrectly, try again!

CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS?
No longer have the address you registered with?
~ You won't be able to use "I forgot my password", it will go to the email address in your profile.
~ Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.
~ Spell your email address correctly or you won't get a reply!
~ Tell me what you think you may have used for a username or email address when you registered.
~ I'll email you back. I usually check my email several times a day. If you don't hear from me within 24 hrs... you may have spelled your email address incorrectly, try again!

CHANGED YOUR EMAIL LAST TIME YOU WERE LOGGED IN AND NOW CAN'T GET BACK IN?
~ You will have to be re-activated, I'll receive an email letting me know.
~ If you don't receive an email within 24 hours saying your activated - Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.
~ Tell me your username.
~ Tell me you changed your email address and need to be re-activated.
~ I usually check my email several times a day. I should have you fixed within 24 hrs. If you're in a hurry, call me.

HAVING TO LOGIN MORE THAN ONCE
- if you use a shortcut (like your favorites or bookmarks) try removing the WWW in the address.

CAN'T LOGIN - HAVE TO LOGIN MORE THAN ONCE:
Most login or page loading problems can be fixed by clearing your cache, something you should do occasionally.
Browsers are designed to download web pages and store them locally on your computer's in an area called the "cache". Typically these items are stored in the Temporary Internet Files folder. When you visit a page for a second time, the browser speeds up display time by loading the page locally from cache instead of downloading everything again, which means you may not be looking at the most current version of a web site. When the cache fills up, performance can slow down and your hard drive may run out of space.
Below are is a link for instructions to clear your cache, just look for your browser and the version you are using.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE is to get the free program called CCleaner (crap cleaner) and let it do all the work for you. It literally cleans crap out of your computer. You should use it once a week/month depending on how much you use your computer.

Be aware that by deleting all of your cookies, you may need to go back to any sites that store login information and re-enable this functionality. IF YOU USE WILDBLUE.NET THERE ARE KNOWN ISSUES that cause problems with online forums and bulletin boards!
Linda
Turkeyshoot.net Webmaster
--------------------------------
RULES, USER TIPS and FAQ
I can't help or fix it if I don't know about it!

Linda
Shoot'n Addict

Re: LOGIN PROBLEMS? Try these tips

Post by Linda » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 am

Seems there are quite a few people having to login in several times even though they have checked the "keep me logged in" box.
Your computer is not self sufficient and it accumulates tons of stuff, it saves info from every place you visit on the web. You occaisionally have to clean it out. The post above tells you how to do it!
Linda
RULES, USER TIPS and FAQ

bigbellybob
Sharp Shooter
Weapon of Choice: 37
State: indiana

Post by bigbellybob » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:51 pm

**deleted**

Linda
Shoot'n Addict

Post by Linda » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Do NOT post your personal info - someone could use your login and password to sign in to your account.
Did you read the first post on this page? The answer to your question is already there!
Linda
RULES, USER TIPS and FAQ