Mid-Atlantic Championship Tournament

OFFICIAL information from those who run the shoots. Member shooting houses and promoters - advertise your events here!

Moderator: Bouncers

Forum rules
MEMBER Shooting Houses ONLY may post freely here about their events. Shooters may REPLY with questions or comments only about the posted events. If you are a member house and don't have access to post here (can't see a "new post" button) please let us know.
outlawshooter423
Supporting Shooting House
Supporting Shooting House
State: PA

Mid-Atlantic Championship Tournament

Post by outlawshooter423 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:24 pm

The new Mid-Atlantic Championship Tournament will consist of 4 shooting houses and will work on a rotating schedule. The first Tournament will be scheduled as listed below:

Brunswick, MD Saturday April 11th
Sunday April 12th- Will shoot regular scheduled shoot

Blue Ridge Sportmen's, PA Saturday May 16th/ Doors open at 7:30AM Shoot at 10:00 Am
Will do a test and tune Friday May 15th with doors opening at 2:00 PM

Lonesome River Saturday June 13th
Friday June 12th-will shoot regular schedule shoot

Red Hill Saturday July 18th
Friday JUly 17th -Will shoot test and tune

FINAL- Brunswick MD Saturday July 25th

Each shooting house will shoot their shooting house rules and times to be determined by the shooting house. Cost to enter the match is $200.00 with side pots on round 3 and 6.

Thanks Lets have some fun with this.
Blue Ridge Outlaw Shooters - 3009 Waynesboro Pike, Fairfield, PA 17320

JBS
Member Builder
Weapon of Choice: M12
State: Mo.

Re: Mid-Atlantic Championship Tournament

Post by JBS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:41 pm

Really! Your first 3 shoots are on the same dates as the US Championship Schedule. Why would you do that?

Ray Smith
Championship Shooter
Weapon of Choice: savage 210
State: Pa.

Post by Ray Smith » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:01 pm

Very good question eager to hear a reply to that for sure !!!!!!!!!! Loyalty ?

hrod
Obsessive-Compulsive Poster
Weapon of Choice: Sig Sauer P238
State: Va.

Post by hrod » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:05 pm

Me TOO.
Its SHOWTIME!

bruzer5864
Lucky BB
Weapon of Choice: outlaw
State: va

Post by bruzer5864 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Looks like somebody done stuck it to the man .bout damn time looking forward to shooting it

Autogenous
Shoot'n Guru
Weapon of Choice: 12 Ga
State: DE

Post by Autogenous » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Not Mention it cost more.....Why don't they make it $125 or something.....

acdoc
Consistent Shooter
Weapon of Choice: super redhawk

Post by acdoc » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:50 pm

Don't be hatin!!! I'm sure there will be 50 or people at these shoots that don't want to drive six hours to a qualifier that don't pay no more than a regular shoot here

Denny
GMB
GMB
Weapon of Choice: Ithaca Pro Mod
State: Oh

Post by Denny » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:50 pm

bruzer5864 wrote:Looks like somebody done stuck it to the man .bout damn time looking forward to shooting it
To Who are you refering to ?? "The Man" ???? And for what reason ? We're all in the dark here.
Denny
Exclusive Dealer For Ithaca Pro Stock Target Guns

bruzer5864
Lucky BB

Post by bruzer5864 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:55 pm

The greedy one who pockets the most money at these qualifiers. I don't have to mention names everybody knows who it is

OHdave
Shoot'n Addict
State: OH

Post by OHdave » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:18 pm

the shooting houses? all of them? the same ones attempting to double up on the cash in?

DMAXX
Shoot'n Addict
Weapon of Choice: YOST
State: pa

Post by DMAXX » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Jeff, why is wccc not hosting one of the shoots?
The people that cast their votes decide nothing. The people that count the votes decide everything...Joseph Stalin

bruzer5864
Lucky BB

Post by bruzer5864 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Just a little fish in a big pond dmaxx

DMAXX
Shoot'n Addict

Post by DMAXX » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:35 am

I hope to be there saturday to support the club. Keep up the good work :curse:
The people that cast their votes decide nothing. The people that count the votes decide everything...Joseph Stalin

hrod

Post by hrod » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:02 am

Somebody's trying to stick it to somebody that's for sure. I can see having a different series but on the same dates as the US Quallifers ? These dates have been set for a long time and 3 of these shooting houses are in that series. Something is fishy about these dates.
Its SHOWTIME!

JOHN870
GMB
GMB
Weapon of Choice: M31
State: VA

Post by JOHN870 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:40 am

I think it stuck it to the shooters and the houses. It stuck it to the houses because it is taking a portion of the U.S. supporters as well as the "new" series house losing some to the U.S. house. Sticking it to the shooters by them having to choose. Can sum this up right here. I'm going to Ingles to shoot the U.S. If the new series were a different day I'd attend that one too. As would a lot of shooters.....because we love to shoot. But because one week out of four was chosen for this new series, it divides shooters and splits up the pot. Not good sense on a business level and definitely not respectful to fellow house owners....Steve Ingle, Kenny Holdren, ect. Oh, it was a mistake, didn't even look at the U.S. schedule, we just picked the dates". Really???? When was the last time Brunswick hosted a big shoot on a Saturday? EVERYONE loses with this done this way. I did take a few minutes yesterday and called Dwayne Roberts (Red Hill) and thanked him personally for his date.

DMAXX
Shoot'n Addict

Post by DMAXX » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 am

Do we really know if this will effect the qualifier crowd? Most of the shooters that will be at this mid atlantic series are local shooters that don't or can't attend the qualifiers. I think at the end of the day, we may find that it will have little to no effect. We just have to wait and see

JOHN870
GMB
GMB

Post by JOHN870 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:56 am

It affects the new series for sure. Why or how? Because I know of at least 14 shooters going to Ingles that would go to Brunswick if it were on a non-conflicting date. Ive shot at Blue Ridge this year three times where there were only 27 shooters so FOURTEEN SHOOTERS does make a difference.

hole shot
Deadeye
Weapon of Choice: WILBANKS AKA HAMMER

Post by hole shot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:15 am

What is the % being held for finals?, does a round won give 1 or 2 cards at finals?, Just curious as I dont see this info posted yet.

Gut-hooked
Lucky BB
State: MD

Post by Gut-hooked » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:22 pm

I have to agree with DMXX about this not having an effect on the U S Championship. Although anyone and everyone is welcome I'm sure at least 95% of the shooters are shooters that do not attend U S Qualifiers but would like to do something in this area to give them a chance to shoot for something other than just the normal shoot. This is not supposed to undermine anyone and again these houses shoot on these dates if there is a qualifier or not. It has never hurt the qualifiers before and I can't see it hurting them now. Actually the reverse if anything but local houses didn't stir the bucket. I shoot a lot and I never have had a local shoot say you shot the U S Qualifier and didn't shoot here. There is a different core of shooters that attend the local shoots than the ones that travel. This is making a mountain out of a mole hill. This area has a huge core of shooters that have never attended a qualifier because they can't take days off work and spend hard earned dollars if they don't win. This is not to make a shooter choose between places it's just another place to shoot. I am nobody but if you can't make it to these shoots because you don't agree with dates or just don't want to come then Good Luck to you where ever you shoot.

SPANKY

casey
Consistent Shooter
State: OH

Post by casey » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:57 pm

JBS wrote:Really! Your first 3 shoots are on the same dates as the US Championship Schedule. Why would you do that?
X2 Why wont they answer the question? And just who is the man?

bruzer5864
Lucky BB

Post by bruzer5864 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:32 pm

I know atleast 90% of my shooters if they attend us championship at all it will be blue ridge or redhill because they don't travel to shoot . So to support what Spanky said it will have little to no affect on the U.S. championship

Ray Smith
Championship Shooter
Weapon of Choice: savage 210
State: Pa.

Post by Ray Smith » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Both would've worked it does hurt both shoots and is not a smart move ! No reason other dates could've been selected where everybody could attend both if they so desired ! Just my two cents worth very sad day to divide shooters !!!!!!!

hrod

Post by hrod » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:56 pm

It will affect both shoots to some degree. Since the quallifing shoot dates were already set I think it's going to affect the new series the most. They could have set their schedule up on different dates and chose dates that are already set in the series they are involved in. Brunswick shoots on Sunday's so I know that's not their regular day.
Its SHOWTIME!

hrod

Post by hrod » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:05 pm

They may even loose some shooters when they have the US championship shoots at their houses just for the principle of it.
Its SHOWTIME!

JOHN870
GMB
GMB

Post by JOHN870 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Ray Smith wrote:Both would've worked it does hurt both shoots and is not a smart move ! No reason other dates could've been selected where everybody could attend both if they so desired ! Just my two cents worth very sad day to divide shooters !!!!!!!
X2

pa pa john
Weapon of Choice: mod12
State: N.C.

Post by pa pa john » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:37 pm

X2
hrod wrote:They may even loose some shooters when they have the US championship shoots at their houses just for the principle of it.
MAY WE HAVE A BLESSED DAY

pa pa john

Post by pa pa john » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:38 pm

X3
Ray Smith wrote:Both would've worked it does hurt both shoots and is not a smart move ! No reason other dates could've been selected where everybody could attend both if they so desired ! Just my two cents worth very sad day to divide shooters !!!!!!!

pa pa john

Post by pa pa john » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:39 pm

X2
JOHN870 wrote:I think it stuck it to the shooters and the houses. It stuck it to the houses because it is taking a portion of the U.S. supporters as well as the "new" series house losing some to the U.S. house. Sticking it to the shooters by them having to choose. Can sum this up right here. I'm going to Ingles to shoot the U.S. If the new series were a different day I'd attend that one too. As would a lot of shooters.....because we love to shoot. But because one week out of four was chosen for this new series, it divides shooters and splits up the pot. Not good sense on a business level and definitely not respectful to fellow house owners....Steve Ingle, Kenny Holdren, ect. Oh, it was a mistake, didn't even look at the U.S. schedule, we just picked the dates". Really???? When was the last time Brunswick hosted a big shoot on a Saturday? EVERYONE loses with this done this way. I did take a few minutes yesterday and called Dwayne Roberts (Red Hill) and thanked him personally for his date.

pa pa john

Post by pa pa john » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Thanks Steve H.
Last edited by pa pa john on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pa pa john

Post by pa pa john » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Thanks Steve H.
Last edited by pa pa john on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.