HELP!! MONEY SHOOT IMPUT.

OFFICIAL information from those who run the shoots. Member shooting houses and promoters - advertise your events here!

Moderator: Bouncers

Forum rules
MEMBER Shooting Houses ONLY may post freely here about their events. Shooters may REPLY with questions or comments only about the posted events. If you are a member house and don't have access to post here (can't see a "new post" button) please let us know.
Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict
Weapon of Choice: anything that makes
State: SC

HELP!! MONEY SHOOT IMPUT.

Post by Nutthouse » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:13 pm

J SHIVER AND I HAVE RECENTLY DISCUSSED A MONEY SHOOT AT RICHIE'S. WE ARE NOW PREPARED AND CONSIDER OUR LITTLE SHOOTING HOUSE TO BE TOP OF THE LINE. MAYBE NOT THE MOST EXTRAVAGANT BUT WELL PUT TOGETHER AND WELL RUN. I PRIDE MYSELF IN BEING FAIR, ORGANIZED, AND PRETTY MUCH KNOWING THE GAME. I HAVE A VERY COMPETITIVE SHOOT AND KNOCK ON WOOD I HAVEN'T HAD THE FIRST COMPLAINT IN HOW OUR SHOOT IS RUN. I AM LOOKING FOR IMPUT ON WHAT YOU WOULD WANT TO DO AND WHAT IT WILL TAKE TO BRING THE BEST SHOOTERS HERE AND FOR MUCH MORE THAN A REGULAR WEEKEND. I WANT TO PUT ON SOMETHING WE WILL ALL ENJOY BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT SOME OF YOU WOULD LIKE. WE WILL COMBINE SOME IDEAS AND PUT ON SOMETHING THAT WILL BRING OUT THE BEST. JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT. THE SHELLS AND DISTANCE HAVE BEEN CHOSEN. WE WILL BE SHOOTING FEDERAL TOP GUNS AT 70 FEET. I JUST NEED IDEA ON THE SETUP. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. JSHIVER SAID COME ONE COME ALL BECAUSE HE HAS SOMETHING FOR YA!
Richie "Nutthouse" Chesnut "You better have ur shot together!!"
RICHIES TURKEY SHOOT - 614 Old Union Rd, Union SC 29321

GunSlinGer__
Obsessive-Compulsive Poster
Weapon of Choice: ReMingTon
State: N.C.

Re: HELP!! MONEY SHOOT IMPUT.

Post by GunSlinGer__ » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:30 pm

well for top gun at 70', 9's are better than 8's....for a fun money shoot, the one i go too some gets $35 for 5 rounds, the winner gets $5 per shooter....after that 5 you start with another 5....all winners shoot free for a little trophy. then he has a down the road for the last round, sometimes two....winner takes all!!! of course you can change it up to suit you....

Leonmb
Sharp Shooter
Weapon of Choice: Higgins
State: IN

Post by Leonmb » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:55 pm

For set-up suggestions, I would say no choke restriction, scopes allowed and 36" limit. And, either a shooting rail or bench rest. Like Gunslinger said, I would have a set amount to pay for a certain amount of rounds. There's a few for you to start with.

Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict

Post by Nutthouse » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Leonmb wrote:For set-up suggestions, I would say no choke restriction, scopes allowed and 36" limit. And, either a shooting rail or bench rest. Like Gunslinger said, I would have a set amount to pay for a certain amount of rounds. There's a few for you to start with.
We do have a nice wide shooting rail. We don't have choke restrictions or length but we don't allow scopes. Rifle sights only. I am a little busy at the moment but I would like to hear more about this. sounds interesting. i just wanna be able to say to myself hey I'm glad I did that. sounds fun. Gunslinger I will pm u if ya dont mind when i have a few more minutes. thanks to both of you for the imput. anybody wanna add to that? Just say to yourself "what would make me wanna drive to shoot there. not interested in getting any closer tho and no 2x2x10's but listening to anything else. thanks

Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict

Post by Nutthouse » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:14 pm

Jason your was the one who kinda let me know I had a good enough place to do this. time for you to chime in. that x my be a lil better to you. lol

NC shooter
GMB
GMB
State: NC

Post by NC shooter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:59 pm

I prefer no choke restriction's and rifle sight's and money shoots over meat shoot's.

Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict

Post by Nutthouse » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm

ON A WEEKLY BASIS I WOULD SAY I HAVE MONEY SHOOT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT. i SHOOT UNLIMITED ROUNDS AND I USUALLY GET OFF ABOUT THREE MEAT ROUNDS. USUALLY IT IS SOMETHING THE SHOOTERS ENJOY BUT THE REST OF THE DAY IS MONEY SHOTS. MY ORIGINAL IDEA WAS A BRACKET TOURNAMENT. IT WOULD BE SINGLES OR A TEAM WITH A PARTNER OF YOUR CHOICE. JUST SAY YOU HAD SIXTEEN SHOOTERS IN A SINGLES TOURNAMENT. YOU WOULD DRAW OUT FOR BRACKETS. 1 VS 16 ETC. EACH SHOOTER GETS TWO CARDS WITH THE BEST CARD MOVING ON SINGLE ELIMINATION. YOU WOULD HAVE A $60 ENTRY FEE. "JUST AND EXAMPLE" WE THEN SHOOT DOWN UNTIL WE HAVE A WINNER. PAY THREE PLACES AND A TROPHY. FIRST PLACE $350.00 2ND $200.00 3RD $100.00.

warpaint
Sharp Shooter
Weapon of Choice: tomahawk
State: mo

Post by warpaint » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:29 am

Money and meat can shoot as many shooters as you want need at least 20 at 5 dollars a shot=50 bucks or 20 shooters 3 shot=30 bucks that should cover meat and overhead anything over the 20 shooters theres your money. People can shoot as many times in a round as they like. So if you shoot round 1 with 40 shooters 50 bucks to the house for meat shells etc 50 buck money winner takes meat and money. At the end of the night instead of a trophy make it a 10 dollar or whatever you would want big money shot, money only winner take all! Dont limit yourself to just money you want to appeal to both sides people that want to shoot for meat and people that want to shoot for money. Make it good meat and you will have big money. You would need to change this to suit your expense whatever they may be. Grub Grog & Loot! Sounds like a good time to me!

BigSarge
Deadeye
Weapon of Choice: Gunworks Ithaca
State: Missouri

Post by BigSarge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:08 pm

I think was mentioned on here once before but the idea stuck with me so Ill repeat it.......Bikini clad target changers (female). It seems to work for hot wings and beer....... Why not turkey shoots?

lol couldnt help myself

Tony White
Supporting Shooting House
Weapon of Choice: GW Ithaca and TURD
State: Kentucky

Post by Tony White » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:29 pm

BigSarge wrote:I think was mentioned on here once before but the idea stuck with me so Ill repeat it.......Bikini clad target changers (female). It seems to work for hot wings and beer....... Why not turkey shoots?

lol couldnt help myself
You need to go to Mike's in Tennessee Sarge. The last time I was there the girls wasn't wearin bikinies.......but....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pink:
UK WILDCATS
HAGAN'S LANE - 2943 Center Point Rd, Tompkinsville, KY 42167

BigSarge
Deadeye
Weapon of Choice: Gunworks Ithaca
State: Missouri

Post by BigSarge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 pm

[quote="Tony White"]
You need to go to Mike's in Tennessee Sarge. The last time I was there the girls wasn't wearin bikinies.......but....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pink:[/quote]

I figured youd be able to point me in the right direction. lol

warpaint
Sharp Shooter
Weapon of Choice: tomahawk
State: mo

Post by warpaint » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:58 am

Head east my friend

junior84
Shoot'n Addict
Weapon of Choice: HBB 870

Post by junior84 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:26 am

Might wanna consider allowing peep sights also cause alot of us use them instead of rifle sights,JMO!!

junior84
Shoot'n Addict
Weapon of Choice: HBB 870

Post by junior84 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:46 am

and 36" overall barell length including choke, that will kinda keep u on the same page as Wagram n All Star shoot,

Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict

Post by Nutthouse » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:06 am

junior84 wrote:Might wanna consider allowing peep sights also cause alot of us use them instead of rifle sights,JMO!!
peep sights are a whole different story. as long as there is no magifyer I dont have a problem. Peep sights just give you a little something different to look at. Thanks Junior

reddongen
Weapon of Choice: mossberg 395 jc 20
State: tn

Post by reddongen » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:38 pm

Some of us cant see the back sight anymore(lol) so we shoot peep.
RED'S - 1352 Tabor Loop, Crossville, TN 38571

jrod350
Sharp Shooter
Weapon of Choice: m-31
State: va

Post by jrod350 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:42 am

top guns at 70 ft no scopes can it get any worse????

Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict

Post by Nutthouse » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:55 am

jrod350 wrote:top guns at 70 ft no scopes can it get any worse????
u seem to be the only one who think that

hardcrab
Shoot'n Addict
Weapon of Choice: 870
State: MD

Post by hardcrab » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:23 am

Sounds like you are really trying to put on a good shoot and are on the right track but think you will draw more shooters if you allow scopes. I wish you the best of luck.

Bill
Weapon of Choice: SOSBC, Steel Rail
State: Va.

Post by Bill » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:21 am

What is gaining in popularity here is 1'' X 36'' X .675 with scopes at 20 yds. Top Gun 9's and Wagner 9's money shoots with 70 % payback. Five dollars a shot. These shoots get down to two shooters that usually split and it puts good money in the pocket.

jvshiver
Shoot'n Addict
Weapon of Choice: Mk19
State: GA

Post by jvshiver » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:07 pm

[quote="Bill"]What is gaining in popularity here is 1'' X 36'' X .675 with scopes at 20 yds. Top Gun 9's and Wagner 9's money shoots with 70 % payback. Five dollars a shot. These shoots get down to two shooters that usually split and it puts good money in the pocket.[/quote]

Split? No guts no glory!!! Shoot for it, Thunder Dome- Two men enter one man leaves :lol:

ddcrp
Rookie
Weapon of Choice: model 12
State: nc

Post by ddcrp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Allow scopes have more shooters.

hrod
Weapon of Choice: Sig Sauer P238

Post by hrod » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:57 am

Stock appearing 36"barrel no other restrictions. If ther were any
Other restrictions I wouldn't bother coming. When you eleminate scopes you automatically eliminate a lot of shooters. All these choke restrictions do is eliminate the best guns.

jeff lee
SILVER MEMBER
SILVER MEMBER
Weapon of Choice: railgun
State: IN

Post by jeff lee » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:31 am

[quote="jrod350"]top guns at 70 ft no scopes can it get any worse????[/quote]

x2

Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict

Post by Nutthouse » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:24 am

hrod wrote:Stock appearing 36"barrel no other restrictions. If ther were any
Other restrictions I wouldn't bother coming. When you eleminate scopes you automatically eliminate a lot of shooters. All these choke restrictions do is eliminate the best guns.
I have no choke restrictions or length but the scopes are not gonna be allowed. None of my regulars (25+) shooters use a scope so I can't just say heck with them. Scopes remove all skill from target shooting at 75 feet. You can't be consistent w/o one? Open sights make it much harder to shoot the same place twice. Scopes are very much in the minority when it comes to shooters opinion of what makes a good shoot

GunSlinGer__
Weapon of Choice: ReMingTon
State: N.C.

Post by GunSlinGer__ » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 pm

lol @ scopes at 70'....

shooting 9's (top gun or estates) at 70' with rifle or peep sites is a good fun shoot....having any choke is kool, but why scopes??

Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict

Post by Nutthouse » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:02 pm

jvshiver wrote:
Bill wrote:What is gaining in popularity here is 1'' X 36'' X .675 with scopes at 20 yds. Top Gun 9's and Wagner 9's money shoots with 70 % payback. Five dollars a shot. These shoots get down to two shooters that usually split and it puts good money in the pocket.
Split? No guts no glory!!! Shoot for it, Thunder Dome- Two men enter one man leaves :lol:
thing is I know you mean every word you say! lol :shoot10:

jvshiver
Shoot'n Addict

Post by jvshiver » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Richie you are right, I dont shoot for second place, scopes help guys ya'll are correct but then again its only 70' hold steady and consistant and lets shoot. If you not that consistent open up your choke stop trying to blow holes and just cover the center and if you get pushed to a shoot off do it the same the next round eventually you gonna win more than you lose....

Ok with that said, we shooting or what?
When?

hrod
Weapon of Choice: Sig Sauer P238

Post by hrod » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:44 pm

like I said you wanted opinions you are eleminateing about half of the shooters right now good luck.

jvshiver
Shoot'n Addict

Post by jvshiver » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Hrod, do that many shooters really shoot with scopes? I shoot often with a scope myself when permitted, but way more often than not they are not and i simply break out my allen wrenches and take it off.

[quote="hrod"]like I said you wanted opinions you are eleminateing about half of the shooters right now good luck.[/quote]