HELP!! MONEY SHOOT IMPUT.

OFFICIAL information from those who run the shoots. Member shooting houses and promoters - advertise your events here!

Moderator: Bouncers

Forum rules
MEMBER Shooting Houses ONLY may post freely here about their events. Shooters may REPLY with questions or comments only about the posted events. If you are a member house and don't have access to post here (can't see a "new post" button) please let us know.
Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict
Weapon of Choice: anything that makes
State: SC

Re: HELP!! MONEY SHOOT IMPUT.

Post by Nutthouse » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:51 pm

jvshiver wrote:Richie you are right, I dont shoot for second place, scopes help guys ya'll are correct but then again its only 70' hold steady and consistant and lets shoot. If you not that consistent open up your choke stop trying to blow holes and just cover the center and if you get pushed to a shoot off do it the same the next round eventually you gonna win more than you lose....

Ok with that said, we shooting or what?
When?
You darn right we are shooting Jason. Building finished, heater in and new target holders. I am aiming for Feb 11th. Gonna be pretty much what slinger said. 5 round $35 paying back $5 per shooter. After 5 we will do same thing over. There is no set amount of rounds but the next to last shot will be the only meat shot of the day and well worth it while the last shot will be winner take all. sound ok?
Richie "Nutthouse" Chesnut "You better have ur shot together!!"
RICHIES TURKEY SHOOT - 614 Old Union Rd, Union SC 29321

hrod
Obsessive-Compulsive Poster
Weapon of Choice: Sig Sauer P238
State: Va.

Post by hrod » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:07 pm

Yes

junior84
Shoot'n Addict
Weapon of Choice: HBB 870
State: NC

Post by junior84 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:38 am

i like to shoot rifle n peeps at those distances, hell we shoot 83-90' with em, the 2 money shoots local for us allow scopes at outlaw shoots Friday night at 50 ft. and open sights Saturday at 50ft, just gotta know your gun a lil more, i like my odds at 70ft., thats why we customize!! LOL Only been to union to drag race our bike, but will definitely try to go check it out, bout a good 3 hr ride for me, will bring a couple more from lumberton nc too, see ya soon!

Wilson
Championship Shooter
Weapon of Choice: savage 210
State: Ky

Post by Wilson » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:44 am

Let's take a poll on who uses scopes and who doesn't. My guess is we all shoot both sometime but more often than not 85% of people use scopes. JMO

Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict

Post by Nutthouse » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:55 am

junior84 wrote:i like to shoot rifle n peeps at those distances, hell we shoot 83-90' with em, the 2 money shoots local for us allow scopes at outlaw shoots Friday night at 50 ft. and open sights Saturday at 50ft, just gotta know your gun a lil more, i like my odds at 70ft., thats why we customize!! LOL Only been to union to drag race our bike, but will definitely try to go check it out, bout a good 3 hr ride for me, will bring a couple more from lumberton nc too, see ya soon!
I will be looking forward to seeing you. Hope you can make it to big shoot. I have a pretty good weekly crowd that are very competitive and most are long time turkey shooters with great equipment. For those that dont have a gun my house gun is second to none winning probably over half the shots weekly. I swear the big shoot is not to make money even tho that definately is a benefit and my charities will love it too but it is more to meet new people. When Jason came aka JShiver I couldn't wait to see what he wrote on here and enjoyed meeting him and seeing 2 of the sexiest shotguns I ever saw. Yes, these look so nice you can call em sexy. I want a big shoot to see what others think and what I can do to improve, see how good others are, and just to meet people who love the same thing I do. I have really worked hard starting this and it all is becoming worth it. :pink:

GunSlinGer__
Obsessive-Compulsive Poster
Weapon of Choice: ReMingTon
State: N.C.

Post by GunSlinGer__ » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:28 pm

i'm sure there's a lot of shooters down in S.C. that haven't even thought of using scope on a shotgun....they knock the hind end off a knats ass at 100yrds....there's still plenty of shooters just finding this site and trying to compete with long fixed barrels....not having scopes will make shooting better, and more fun...:-)
unless you shoot rifles at a further distance....

Nutthouse
Shoot'n Addict

Post by Nutthouse » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:44 am

GunSlinGer__ wrote:i'm sure there's a lot of shooters down in S.C. that haven't even thought of using scope on a shotgun....they knock the hind end off a knats ass at 100yrds....there's still plenty of shooters just finding this site and trying to compete with long fixed barrels....not having scopes will make shooting better, and more fun...:-)
unless you shoot rifles at a further distance....
You are right about the site slinger and how few around here know about it but you would be surprised by the equipment that comes thru the door of my shoot. John Bengal did my first barrell in 1986. It was a 30" vent rib for my 1100 I will still use at any 32 and under stock appearing. The only thing "MODERN" is it has been back chambered but I promise you one thing it is still more than just competitive and will always be my pride and joy. When I first had it done nobody had ever heard of a .640 choke or rifle sights around here and my best friends dad allowed anyone to shoot your gun at his shoot. Well if I had every shell ever shot thru it I would not have to buy any for my shooting house for at least the next 5 years and that is not just talk. It was never sat down. I spent so much time moving the sights I could do it in my sleep. Is where I learned to shoot off the card lol. Remember Peter's shells? Well it does. Wasn't long b4 I moaned enough that if you won with my gun at least put me in next shot so turned in to a blessing .I have been getting alot of PM's of people saying are coming so if I get half of them along with local shooters we are talking 25 shooters or more. I can live with that for a first time bigger shoot. You are talking a payoff of $125.00 or more a round. May not mean much to some but to me that's not chump change. When I pull this off and have no complaints about it that will be all I ask. I want people to come on here and say pretty much what Jason said. If I hear reviews that say we met great people, Richie runs a good fair competitive shoot and you can see he is doing all he can to make it better I will be estatic. :D